New Blog/New City

Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Well I didn't think I'd ever do a blog. I don't find my life as interesting as some blogs that I read, but my cousin told me I should do it. So here I am. I figure It'd be a good way to keep all my family and friends, that I don't get to see much, in the loop. Plus, I do always have a ton in my mind and it'd be great it get it all out!


I thought starting this blog would be really quick and painless, until I realized I could customize it, like I can with websites, and creativity took over. Before I knew it, I had been working on just the layout for a couple hours. oops!

St. Louis Living

Its hard to believe that 10 months ago I moved away from my old life and started brand-new, all alone, in a big city. I was very nervous and scared and worried that I'd never meet people or find a job. I remember setting up my whole apartment, the day I moved in. My whole family came to help. We had just about all the boxes unloaded and it looked like a house, but I wasn't used to it yet. It was getting late and time for everyone to leave and head back to Illinois.  I remember the gut-wrenching feeling when they turned to me and said, "We need to go." That feeling still breaks my heart when I think about it to this day. I tried to be strong and not cry and pretend that I was going to be ok and not cry. We gave our hugs and good-byes and they walked out the door. Tears started falling down my face and I was thinking "What am I doing here?! I'm not going to make it!"  Then my dad popped back in the door and gave me one more hug! I've always been a daddy's girl and he had to have known that I needed that one more hug to make it though. :)  Thanks dad!

Days passed, I started my new job, which I was so nervous and shy about. I started meeting people and they welcomed me with open arms. I had good days and I had really bad days. On top of everything going on in my life, being alone was very hard.

I have to say today, I couldn't imagine what it would be like if I hadn't moved to St. Louis. I've made some friends. I found an amazing design job. I've met an amazing man. And most of all.... I've grown as a person. I'm a stronger, independent, dedicated, professional woman now, that knows what I need in life. I have a vision and know what I want my future to be like. God has truely helped me through everything I've been through and I couldn't have done it without him or my family.

MY Huge Closet! I need room for those shoes!
My Living Room  :)
Unboxing the Kitchen on move in day


My dad and brother setting up the TV stand


So, if I didn't thank you guys enough...

Thank you Dad, Mom, Christina, and Joshua for helping me out and letting me know that I'll make it! I appreciate all the help and love you all!!


Love,
Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© My so called life... | Ashley Thompson Design