New Hobbies

Sunday, April 3, 2011
Someone used to tell me that I needed a hobby. I honestly didn't have any a year ago, as funny as that is, it's true! Well, Singing has always been my hobby, but I sing all the time, so that didn't count.  And designing is my hobby, but it's my career. I considered shopping and laying out my hobbies, although my bank account didn't like the shopping one too much and my body didnt like the tanning!  So upon moving to St. Louis, and starting fresh, I thought I'd find something that I love and turn it into something I could do to pass the time and have fun.

Hobby #1
Cooking! I knew I loved food, so why not learn how to make it! Now, back in the day, I thought cooking was when I got out a box of hamburger helped, cooked the meat, threw in some frozen texas toast, and called it a meal! haha But now, I have a kitchen stocked with gadgets and appliances that are just ready to be used to make an awesome meal.  And thanks to my amazing boyfriend, Anthony, I know am a proud owner of a red Kitchenade Mixer! I've made so many different types of meals and actually find it really fun to do and enjoyable when we sit down to eat and it's actually good! I've made thai basil chicken, stir fry, all kinds of pasta dishes, bbq chicken pizza, guacamole, salsa, and the list goes on...  I'm also addicted to Food network now. 
My awesome Mixer!




 Hobby #2
Makeup! Ok, I've always been a girly girl and if you look at my closet, you'd think someone dumped a truck load of shoes and accessories. But one thing I never really took time in doing, was fun makeup.  So, I went out, bought a case and over time bought a ton of fun eyeshadows, eye liners, and everything in between.  I even do my friend's and family's makeup whenever I get the chance. It's a ton of fun. And yes, I use everyone of those colors. :)
My makeup case!
I even splurged and got a professional brush set!
 Hobby #3

My 3rd Hobby that I am starting, is going to be riding my bike. I haven't had a bike since I was young! I was actually a little nervous when I was at the bike shop and trying out different bikes. They let you ride around outside and try out different styles and sizes to see what you like best. I ended up getting a Cannondale Quick 5. I love it! I've only gotten to ride once since I bought it, because the Midwest weather likes to through random blizzards our way.  But I look forward to getting in shape and getting outside and riding. Plus it's Pink and White! It's a perfect "Ashley" bike!

So for now, I'm going to try and not say "I'm Bored" anymore. I plan on having plenty to do. :)

Love,
Ashley

1 comments:

  1. Kristin said...:

    Love, love, love the Food Network...it is usually what is on my TV screen most evenings (that or the CW)! :) And having hobbies is definitely a good thing, have fun with them!!

Post a Comment

 
© My so called life... | Ashley Thompson Design